Official Publication of Square Foot Gardening Foundation
- Welcome to new Certified Instructors
- YOU can change the world with your own two hands!!!!
- Upcoming Events
WELCOME TO NEW CERTIFIED INSTRUCTORS
Mike Reust of Oak Park, Illinois. His lovely Square Foot Gardens below!
Scott Thompson of Jonesborough, Tennessee. Scott is in the top photo, and those below show his Square Foot Gardening work with his local church.
Wess Garrod of Yarker, Ontario, Canada. See his beautiful Square Foot Gardening display below!
David Childress (and his son) of Alvord, Iowa. David operates a 40-acre farm but sees the great value of Square Foot Gardening.
Please tell your friends and family about our NC symposium, March 21-23. It will be held in historic Halifax and is the only symposium scheduled this spring so far. Victoria Boudman, our CEO, will be the speaker / instructor. Hosted by Halifax County Master Gardeners.
Encourage your friends / clients to come out & get certified in a hands-on learning environment! Learn more or register at http://www.squarefootgardening.com/sfg-certification/
Our Online Certification course started on Feb 5th. Watch this page for updates: http://www.squarefootgardening.com/sfg-certification/
Remember to send in your event / class dates (and a description of what you're doing, along with photos if available!!) to email@example.com and she will post them! They will be posted on the website calendar, in this newsletter, and in our GENERAL NEWSLETTER which goes to a list of thousands of readers.
Click on the link above & turn on your speakers for a special song from Mel, Victoria, Belinda & all the gang.
Happy Valentine's Day to all our Certified Instructors, with Love & Appreciation, from Square Foot Gardening Foundation.
We believe you are changing the world for good everyday "with your own two hands."
We believe in YOU.
HEAR MEL BARTHOLOMEW ON THE RADIO! Here is his schedule:
- FEBRUARY 15th - 11- 12:30 PM CST / 9 AM PST The Larry Meiller Show Wisconsin Public Radio (heard on 20 stations across Wisconsin including the largest markets: Green Bay, Madison, LaCrosse, Superior)
- MARCH 9th – Live, in-studio The Mike Nowak Show (Chicago, IL) Mel will feature in the 10 AM hour.
- Presidents Day Sale - One Day Only - Feb. 18, 2013 Save 15% at SFGF Stores. Important note: Get the Coupon Code out of our February General Newsletter!!
- Mel at Balboa Park, San Diego, California - Mel Bartholomew will be giving an Introductory talk and session about his new books on Thursday, Feb. 21, 2013 in the Prado, Room 104, Balboa Park; 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm. Cynthia Ruybal will also be speaking about current SFG projects and events happening in San Diego. ATTENTION: IF YOU COME ON THURS, FEB. 21, GET A FREE ORIGINAL SQUARE FOOT GARDENING BOOK WITH THE COUPON THAT IS IN OUR FEB. GENERAL NEWSLETTER (OR JUST MENTION THE COUPON)!!!!
- SFGF Open House, Balboa Park, San Diego - On Friday, Feb. 22nd, 2013 in the Prado, Room 104, Balboa Park 2:00 pm - 8:00 pm, SFGF will host an Open House and Mini Workshops at 3:00, 5:00 and 7:00. SFGF Staff and Certified Instructors will be on hand to answer questions about the SFG method and how to establish gardens in your neighborhood. We will be speaking, in greater detail, of the humanitarian an educational efforts and goals in San Diego. View a map.
- Amie Hall. Fairfield, CT - March 6, 2013 Time: 7:00 pm EST - 8:30 PM EST Location: St. Timothy's Episcopal Church, 4670 Congress Street, Fairfield, CT Directions & Map: HERE Class Fee: $10/person Who: All ages welcome! Groups: Scouts, and youth groups - welcome! This workshop is being given as part of Anam Cara, an ecumenical monthly meet up open to the community dedicated to "growth and healing through a renewal of worship, through education and spiritual companionship, and through simplicity, harmony, health and peace in our manner of living."
- Patrick & Connie Lahr, Certified Instructors Per Connie, "We are hosting 5 Introductory SFG Community Education classes in the Central MN area; March 5 through March 14. Contact us 320 963 3690 or email firstname.lastname@example.org"
- 3-Day SFG Certified Instructor Symposium with Victoria Boudman, CEO of SFGF, in Halifax, North Carolina, Thurs., Fri., and Sat., March 21-23, 2013. Hours are 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on Thursday and Friday; 9:00 a.m. to 12 noon on Saturday. Lunch is available onsite for a nominal fee. Hosted by Master Gardeners of Halifax County in the NC Cooperative Extension Building, 359 Ferrell Lane, Halifax, NC. Register now. View a Map.
- Victoria Boudman, SFGF Exhibit, March 8-10, 2013, Columbia, South Carolina, 47th Annual Carolina Classic Home & Garden Show, State Fairgrounds, 1200 Rosewood Drive, Columbia, SC, 29201.
- Joyce Swanson, Certified SFG Instructor, South Dakota, Apr 6, 2013, 3-hour class South Dakota 27450 481 Ave Canton, SD 57013 phone(605) 359-0191 Cost is $30 per person or $35 at door contact Joyce Swanson email@example.com