- September 1st, Grand Opening of SFGF Columbia Headquarters. You're invited!
- September 15, SFGF at Riverbanks Zoo & Garden (http://www.riverbanks.org/), Located at: 500 Wildlife Pkwy, Columbia SC 29210. Email email@example.com for more information.
- September 28-30, University of Tennessee, "Incredible Edible Symposium" at University of Tennessee. This event is hosted by the university and is not an SFGF sympsium; however, Mel Bartholomew is a guest speaker. University of Tennessee, Knoxville, Tennessee (map)
- October 11-13, 3-day symposium, San Diego, CA, with Mel Bartholomew. This is a 3-day SFGF-sponsored event to train / certify new instructors. More details to be announced but you may pay and sign up in advance. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Teachers, what are you doing? Are you getting classes and workshops ready for fall planting? Let Belinda know so she can add your classes to the calendar on the website PLUS we can feature your upcoming events HERE and in the general newsletter events section.
- Our SFGF garden contests are officially closed – within a week and a half; we will get all of the entries for the contests and begin to decide the winners. Stay tuned for the winners list!
Other Gardening Events:
The Heirloom Expo, September 11-13, Santa Rosa, California. The National Heirloom Exposition is a not-for-profit event centered on the pure food movement, heirloom vegetables, and anti-GMO activism.
From Amie Hall, Certified SFG Instructor: